The following positions are still open. If you are interested please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for board consideration.
- President (2 years)
- Secretary (2 years)
- Financial Administrator (1 year)
Instructions for applying to run for a board elected chapter office.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an elected volunteer. We have prepared this page to help you along the way. Please read the instructions and the attached documents that apply to you. Then fill out the application form below. If you do not hear back from anyone in 72 hours please contact a board member.
1. Verify you are eligible to run. (AMTA Bylaws, Article XV, Secion 5-B, 1 & 2)
- A candidate for elected office shall be a Professional member in good standing and sign the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- A member currently under volunteer suspension status shall not be a candidate for elected office.
2. Read the recommended job descriptions from National.
Click on the link to download the PDF description.
3. Direct any questions to a current board member which would be Judy Lefave or Vivian Davis.
4. Sign the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Log in to your AMTA account. amtamassage.org https://www.amtamassage.org/index.html
- Go to
- The Codes of Conduct link is in the blue box on the right.
- Sign the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
5. Things that you will need to successfully fulfill your duties.
- Familiarity with your job description. (After reading the job description, direct any questions to the president or current board member.)
- A team spirit and the ability to have fun being productive.
- Familiarity with Roberts Rules, bylaws, policy, and chapter standing rules.
- A commitment to get the job done. (see position descriptions in Section 2)
- A committment to attend all board teleconferences, and board and chapter meetings. (see calendar)
- Telephone to answer phone calls and participate in teleconferences.
- Internet access to communicate with other members.
- Email access to receive email and documents.
- Ability to open attachments in PDF and MSWord.
- Transportation to meetings and chapter events.
- A credit card for Convention expenses to be reimbursed.
- National Convention: 3 nights hotel (double occupancy), food allowance, airfare.
- Meals and mileage reimbursement to and from meetings
- PLUS: Two complimentary chapter sponsored classes during your term.
- NOTE: Complimentary classes are given based on performance in the position and can be denied with a board vote.
Candidate Application for Elected Office
Professional members may apply for only one chapter board of directors position, and may also apply for delegate if a position is open.
Be sure to sign and submit the Code of Conduct for chapter office or delegate/alternate delegate.
By clicking SEND, you are verifying that all the information on your form is correct. The online elections coordinator will work with National to verify that your meet the requirements for the positions and place you on the ballot along with your bio and optional photo or video.