We are always looking for a few good volunteers. Whether you are a first time or experienced volunteer, you can experience the sense of accomplishment and friendship working with colleagues to better our profession. Whatever experience, talents, or interests you bring, we can make a place for you.
Committee chairs, Administrators, and Coordinators
Committees and administrators are the work horses of AMTA and fill many functions. They carry out the tasks directed by the board in compliance with National. They reach out to our members through direct contact, website, newsletter, task force, email announcements, and social media. They plan meetings and sponsor classes, acknowledge volunteers, promote AMTA to the public, organize massage events, and coordinate elections. They work with lawmakers to promote the interests of our profession.
There are two types of appointed volunteers: chairs/administrators/coordinators and members. Chairs, administrators, and coordinators are appointed by the president and approved by the board. Members are nominated by the chair and approved by the president. The main difference between a chair and an administrator/coordinator is that chairs typically have other members serving on their committees.
Here is the current list of AMTA-Georgia Chapter Committees. Committee chairs are appointed by the president and confirmed by the board. Committee member are selected by the committee chair and approved by the president.
Below that are general responsibilities for all committees. Click on the links to read the position descriptions.
(This page is a work in progress, so If there is no link to a committee that interests you, please contact a chapter volunteer for more information.)
Standing Committees serve year round.
- Membership / Job Description
- Education / Chair Description
- Government Relations / Chair Description
- Meeting Planning / Chair Description
- Newsletter / Chair Description
- Outreach/ Chair Description
- Website / Administrator Description
Ad Hoc Committees serve for a limited time.
- Awards / Chair Description
- Online Elections Coordinator / Administrator Description
Job Description for All Chapter Committee Chairs
- Operate within the bylaws, policies, programs and Strategic Plan of AMTA and the Chapter standing rules.
- Act as the representative for the committee.
- Act as liaison to appropriate National Committee Chair.
- Supervise and facilitate the work of committee members.
- Preside over meetings of the committee.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as authorized.
- Make recommendations to the Chapter President for Committee member appointments.
- Responsibly manage allocated funds per AMTA policy.
- Develop and submit to the Chapter Board, a plan for the upcoming year.
- Prepare and deliver all required reports, oral and written, to the Chapter board, newsletter chair, website chair, and members.
- Prepare and submit proposals of the committee to the Chapter board.
- Maintain orderly records during the term and supply incoming Committee Chair with those records to ensure a smooth transition.
- Treat proprietary and other confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Plan a meeting with the past committee chair to discuss past committee goals and obtain all information in possession for the committee.
- Share pertinent information with Chapter officers and Committee members.
- Ensure that committee adequately researches and deliberates the issues before it.
- Be available to receive feedback from the members for input to committee deliberations and to communicate, in an informed manner, information regarding actions of the committee.
- Identify, cultivate and recruit future Chapter leaders.
If you are interested, contact the chapter president, a committee chair, or the volunteer chair. Or, fill out the form below and you will be contacted by a chapter volunteer.
Please fill out the form below and a volunteer will contact you within 3 business days.